In case if someone sends many friend requests in a day, then Facebook treats the users as a fake id and so it tries to stop the user from sending further more friend requests.
Therefore, Facebook blocks that user for 2-30 days or even permanently ban the id from sending friend requests if the user again and again made the same mistake.
4 Ways To Cancel Friend Requests On Facebook
There are actually 4 ways to cancel sent friend requests on Facebook which I'm going to share you in this post. So first of all please logged in to your Facebook account before we can proceed.
It's a simple way to cancel sent friend requests if you know the person's Facebook user name. If you are a newbie Facebook user, then the steps given below might be useful for you.
- On the Facebook search box, type the person's user name and search for it.
- If you have found the profile on which you want to cancel friend request, then browse through the person's profile/Timeline page.
- Hover the mouse over the friend request sent button at the top of the page.
- Click on Cancel Request and confirm it.
- Click on privacy short cuts in the upper right corner of the page and select "Who can see my stuff?" .
- Click on Use Activity Log.
- Also you can directly enter into the 'all activity' or 'activity log' page. To do that, simply click the Activity Log button which is present at the top of your profile/Timeline page.
- In the left column panel, click More to expand all your options.
- Click friends
- Again if you have found the person's name listed there, click on it and then it's easy to cancel the sent friend request.
- Click on gear button in the upper right corner of the page and then clickAccount Settings.
- In the General Account Settings page, click the link marked "Download a copy of your Facebook data".
- Get a copy of what you have shared on Facebook.
- If the file which you are going to download is big, then it will show as Start My Archive. Click on that button.
- Facebook will begin compiling your archive and you will be informed that you'll be sent an email when it's ready to download. Press OK to this notification.
- Usually it takes 1-2 hours.
- When your email arrives at your mail inbox, click the link to access the download.
- Then click on Download Archive button.
- You will be asked to enter your Facebook password. Then enter your password and submit it.
- When the download action begins, you will need to wait for a while to get the file.
- The archive file is in zip format. So, you need to extract it to open the file.
- After the extraction process completed, you will get 3 folders and 1 .htm file.
- Open the html folder.
- Double click on friends (it's a .htm file)
- Then your default web browser will open the friends.htm page.
- There it will display a lists as Friends, Sent Friend Requests, Removed Friends and subscribers.
- Browse through Sent Friend Requests.
- Then follow the steps which I have mentioned in Way 1 in order to cancel the sent friend requests.
- Open these in the browser https://www.facebook.com/friends/requests?&outgoing=1
- It will execute your sent friend request list.
- There you can cancel the friend requests which you have sent.